|Salomon S-Lab Sense Shorts|
I look for 2 things in running shorts:
- Capacity to carry stuff: pockets for iPhone( run app and camera), some gel capacity
- Comfort, as I tend to sweat a lot.
- the short material is a super light and airy Actilite Bi-Stretch Nylon, super comfortable no sense, pun intended, you are even wearing a short.
- the brief has Cocona fabric derived from coconut husks for odor and moisture control. Zero clammy feel from brief or short even when soaked with sweat, a first.
- the waist and rear back have very light horizontal mesh panels front and back with a stretchy fabric behind the mesh. This combination forms incredible pockets. I put my iPhone in a baggie in the space between the front and rear fabric, pull the mesh over the top of the phone and it is securely held with no bounce. Phone in the rear pocket is a bit bouncier. The rear mesh pocket, a place for a very light jacket or more nutrition, maybe a 250ml flask.
- the hips have short sections of what would consider a normal waist band with elastic.
- behind these hip sections are gel mesh pockets, 2 gels per pocket fit fine, same construction as the front and rear pockets.
- laser cut ventilation holes on hips and at rear.
- inseam is 4" so a bit shorter than the Strider Pro at 5". I like the shorter length but this is not a short short.
- they dry incredibly quickly.
Despite the price I highly recommend the S-Lab Sense Shorts.
Backcountry.com currently has them on sale. Purchase through the link below and you support my blog. Thanks!